Somewhat Stretchy's main focus is the drafting of sewing patterns for several kinds of catsuit or unitard and assembling the finished garment, but I also describe some very simple yet practical beginners' projects like earwarmers and cycling mittens.
I enjoy receiving comments, particularly from people who've found the site useful, or who have suggestions for its improvement. I try to respond to all messages.
- Video sequence of making a catsuit
- Improved Catsuit Pattern Directions
- A rewrite of the catsuit pattern instructions, involving more pictures and less maths.
- You probably want to look at these instructions for the suit and consult the old pages below for options like feet, hood, etc. until I've moved those to this new format.
- I'm very interested in feedback on these new pages.
- Free Catsuit Pattern Directions (original)
- Simple steps to several styles of unitard or catsuit pattern drafted from your own body measurements, and how to sew them - all easier than you might think.
- You can adapt these to make biketards, cycle shorts, a zentai suit, the basis of a costume or anything else that is part of a form-fitting body suit.
- Commercial Catsuit Patterns
- If you don't want to draft your own custom-fit catsuit pattern, commercial patterns are a viable alternative.
Working with Stretchy Cloth
- General and preparation
- There are some principles involved with stretchy cloth that aren't specific to catsuits, and I'm putting them here.
- You don't have to read these to follow the basic catsuit instructions because those try to cover everything, but I plan to put reference links where they might prove useful.
Simple Practical Projects
- Simple Practical Projects
- Things to sew for yourself or gifts for others, these projects are suitable for anyone who knows how to avoid the dangerous end of a pair of scissors.
- Cold Weather Garments
- A few winter projects from a no-sew scarf to things that might take two hours to complete.
- Spandex project
- Only one project here - a little coin holder pocket/purse thing.
- Not So Stretchy
- Some other simple projects that don't really count as stretchy, but which are still easy and effective.
StrangeBanana helped create this site's design.