Fleece is fun. It's warm, durable, and inexpensive; it stretches a lot widthways, is easy to work with, doesn't fray, doesn't hold water, and it comes in bright cheerful colours.
This list starts with the simplest project and leads to the more complicated patterns, but they're all easy and only really vary in the length of time they'll take to make. At the risk of sounding educational, they help introduce skills you'll find useful in other projects.
Most of these projects don't need much fabric, so rummage around in the remnants box at your fabric shop.
- So simple, there's no sewing involved!
- Cycling mittens
- Loose-fit mittens to help avoid frozen fingers.
- A neckwarmer for when a scarf might blow away.
- A contoured fleece headband that covers your ears.
- Things to wrap around your calves to keep your trousers from getting muddy or tangled in the chain while cycling.
- Silly hat
- A ski-style hat with optional earflaps.
- Something to help you rob that bank you've always wanted to hold up.