Something like a cloth ring doughnut for your neck.
- Cut a rectangle, like the scarf, but just over twice as tall as your neck, and as long as you'll find convenient. (You don't want to wipe off your make-up while putting it on, but you don't want the wind whistling down your neck.)
- Fold along its long edge (as shown) and sew along that edge.
- Turn it inside out so the sewing is hidden.
- Sew along the two short edges to make a flat rectangle, but stop just short of the corners. (This is to make the next step easier.)
- Align the two short edges atop each other, so the sewing overlaps. You can either just fold the thing in half to achieve this, or for a better finish, curve it around so the two ends point in opposite directions (as shown).
- Pin top, middle, and bottom.
- Sew along the doubled edges with zig-zag (or triple zig-zag).